Friday, February 22, 2013

Herding Clinic!

Porter & I have a working spot in the Tenley Dexter clinic this weekend being hosted by Central Kentucky Herding Group Club.

I was unable to attend the clinic last fall (trying to get Porter qualified for AKC Agility Nationals) so I was not going to miss it this time around!

So Monday morning hopefully I will have some video and tidbits of info to share  :)

In the meantime, here is a photo & video pulled out of the Porter Archives...



Porter's first ever herding title: JHD
This picture still cracks me up every time I look at it...
Dana was the judge and is also one of his breeders.


 
 



Porter's 2nd exposure to sheep  10/21/06
I have always loved how she says he runs right over me. Yep, still true to this day...   :)
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Porter seems to have a nice circling technique though...he doesn't work too close.

    Jimmy's first try, he walked calmly behind me. Walked pretty much the whole timer. So the instructor said to charge him up so he'd get the idea. The light bulb came....The next time, he came away with chunks of wool....

    I didn't think you could show to your breeder.....conflict of interest and such :-)

    ReplyDelete