Thursday, July 26, 2012

Is that a castle? In Kentucky?!

Yes, less than 5 miles form our house is a real castle!






The castle has a long, strange history. Until a few years ago, no one really knew what lay beyond the walls. There were stories from people who had snuck in, but it was never open to the public.



I remember telling my brother that William Shatner lived there! There were also rumors that Lee Majors had owned it.




It's still not open to the public except for special events. But the gates were open, and another car pulled in, so I just followed them up the driveway a little ways...



So the Brew Crew were my incentive to try to get a little closer. I just can't resist a photo op  :)


1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love the opening shot. The Brews Brothers ears perfectly compliment the castle turrets. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete