Saturday, August 4, 2012

Classic Kentucky

I've lived in Kentucky for 15 years now. Sometimes I still can't get over how scenic it is, especially compared to the corn & pigs of Iowa  :)

I think a lot of the people who grew up here in the Bluegrass don't appreciate the real beauty of it. 

I took a little detour on the way home from our herding lesson this week so I could get some photos of the Brew Crew with some "classic Kentucky" scenery.

Actually I take this route pretty frequently because it is so pretty, but I usually don't have my camera  :)


Horse Farms


The entrances are always landscaped


This farm (Shadwell) has 5 or so of these same fancy gates


The classic horse farm fencing


A different kind of "classic Kentucky."
Stout is demonstrating the "stereotypical Kentucky redneck"


And my favorite: the stone fences


There were even Thoroughbreds in the pasture behind them,
but I couldn't get them into the photo  :(

1 comment:

  1. I love the stone fences because they provide the most contrasty backdrop for the dogs. All the scenery is lovely though.

    ReplyDelete