Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Herding Clinic

Over the weekend, Stout, Porter, & I got to participate in the annual Cardigan-Only herding clinic hosted by our trainer Dana.
 
There is nothing better than spending a weekend with cardigans, sheep, & friends! I learn so much by watching other people work. And it pushes me when it comes time for my turn.
 
 
"Watch out sheep, here come the Cardigans!!"
 
 
I forgot to hand my camera off when I worked Porter. So no photos of Porter :(  But I do have photos (and a video!) of Stout!  (thanks Dina!)
 
 
"What?! Stout gets to herd too?"


Yep, Stout got to participate in his first clinic! He shared a spot with another puppy.


Deep breaths for me, a mouthful of sheep poo for Stout.

"Walk up"

"Wait"
 
 
Stout loved it! And he was fairly normal, not his usual out-of-control, over-the-top corgi-self.
 
We progressed from a lot of walking around the pen the first day (see video below), to using a long line the 2nd day.
 
 
 

 

"Oh yeah, I'm the sheep master."

I think I'll wait before I do too much herding with Stout. Our online agility class just started & there's only 24 hours in a day...  So Porter will continue to get the herding lessons while Stout will only be available for limited engagements.

No comments:

Post a Comment