Thursday, October 4, 2012

Stout Videos!

I thought we'd take a little break from vacation photos & post a couple Stout videos!

First, here he is playing with his newest girlfriend Dezi, a Portuguese Podengo Pequeno puppy.




Dezi held her own pretty well. Occasionally she would run under the bed to get away. That did not deter Stout, but it did slow him down considerably... Stout had quite a few "time-outs" too so to give her a break.

And I continue to work on Stout's agility foundation skills:



I had the jump chute set up for the class I teach, but thought it might be fun for Stout if I put all the bars on the ground (kind of like stride-work for him). I was really pleased that he chose to run down the chute instead of coming out to jump at the toy (or hump my leg).

We also worked briefly on our pre-homework for our Agility Foundations online class with Silvia Trkman. Class doesn't officially start until October 15th, but she gave us a few assignments already to prepare us for class.

I was working on the "burst of speed from a restraint" (my lame phrase, not hers). As you can see, it didn't go too well. He's not supposed to back out of my restraint  :)  But I'm not real comfortable with having a collar grab meaning that it's time for him to pull against it. So I thought a chest-type restraint would work better. Maybe not a good idea either, especially for a short dog...

No comments:

Post a Comment