Sunday, May 6, 2012

Derby Day

Living in Kentucky, we are obligated to watch the Kentucky Derby. It's practically a state holiday.

Everyone has Derby parties. Everyone dresses up in their finest suits & dresses & hats.

But not everyone goes so far as to dress up their dogs.

For those that may have missed it, I have recreated the Derby for you using Porter & Stout.


The trainer with I'll Have Another in the paddock before the race




The competition just entered the paddock: Bodemeister (aka Valhundmeister) and her wealthy owner.



Quite a lot of tension in the paddock before the race...



But I'll Have Another pulled off a stunning win!
Doesn't his trainer look proud?



 Thank you for spending Derby Day with us Dally & Mesa! Sorry I dressed you up...

And because I had said if I'll Have Another won the Derby, Stout's registered name will now be:
Raconteur's I'll Have Another!

I knew there was a reason I waited this long to come up with something...  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment