Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Porter's Weekend - An Off-Course Epidemic

Oh Porter...

Actually Porter didn't have that bad of a weekend, it just seems like it when you are chasing QQ's  :)

We did 3 days at my favorite trial, Hamilton Dog Training Club. Porter ran both classes all 3 days, Stout ran in JWW all 3 days (his update will be coming tomorrow).

On Friday, Porter qualified in Standard, but dropped a bar & then took an off course in JWW. In his defense, it was a very popular off course option  :)

On Saturday, Porter did not qualify at all  :(  He avoided the most obvious traps in Standard, only to take an off-course A-Frame that I hadn't even considered...  He did nail a hard weave entry.

Then he followed it up with a wrong tunnel entry in JWW:




On Sunday we were one weave pole short of QQ'ing  :( 

Standard was a hard course where we bobbled at the beginning (he tried to take an off-course table).  Then just as I thought we had the QQ in the bag in JWW, he popped out of the weaves. Damn you Porter!  :)



But Porter's best outcome of the weekend? I finally had a challenge measurement done - and he measured at 11"!!  That means he can finally jump 8" in regular, or  I can move him down to 4" in preferred.

However, this won't be happening anytime soon. Unbeknownst to me, until then, he has to have 2 measurements at 11". So until we find another good measuring judge, Porter will remain at 8" preferred.

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain on the popped weaves! Jimmy did that to me twice over the weekend! The poles aren't usually something that I worry about!

    ReplyDelete